Monday, March 16, 2009

A Perfectly Imperfect Quilt

The other sewing project I recently completed is a Ragged Squares Quilt. I found a tutorial on how to make it here. It looked like a do-able beginner quilting project so I gave it a try. The placement of the squares and the stitching does not need to be perfect. You leave some of the raw edges exposed so when you wash and dry the quilt, the edges of the squares begin to fray. I made a few mistakes along the way but because of the shabby look of the quilt, you'd never know it.

Here is a closeup view. Can you see the frayed edges?

I'm sure this won't be my last quilting project. I had two kids fighting over who got to use it first. But in the end, the cat won out!

Up next...a twirly skirt for Deefers!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB. Maty looks happy. I will be looking forward to your next project. Mom

kimberly sue said...

The quilt looks great; can't wait to see it up close and personal this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I want to know when you find time to do all of this! I hardly ever have any hour to myself. Great job though! Love the colors!

Charity said...

Wow!! Sue man I am so impressed. I love love the colors. You are so dang talented.

Kendra said...

The quilt sure turned out great! I love the colors ( kinda like Scooby Doo!) hahaha

Amy said...

You sure are crafty! I really like the colors in the quilt. You have a great eye. It makes me want to finish some of my unfinished projects!

Anonymous said...

Nice work! P.S. Is Maty thinner? She looks lean and mean. Maybe it's that hyperthyroidism?!?