Monday, March 23, 2009

Two Hens and a Cuckoo

On Friday, my hometown Hen, Kimmy Sue drove up to Wausau and we went to the Little Big Town concert at the Grand Theatre.


Have you heard of them? I was hooked when I first heard their song "Boondocks". They are great songwriters and musicians and the show was amazing.

The band that opened for them, The Zac Brown Band, was awesome. You may have heard their song "Chicken Fried".

I purchased two tickets as soon as I heard about this concert. I got seats in the fourth row, center. I knew right away that I wanted to invite Kim to go with me. I was with her in Georgia when I first heard of Little Big Town and I knew that since both bands have Georgia roots, she was the perfect person to invite. She had to drive 6 hours to get here but was willing to make the trip. I wanted everything to be perfect, and it was...until we were ushered to our seats.

We had seats 8 and 9 in a 12 seat row. The people in seats 12, 11, and 10 were already seated. There was a young man, his girlfriend, and next to her a man, I mean a woman, I mean a "what the heck is that"? Let me describe what we saw...a man, older, tall, wearing a blond wig, dressed in a white lacy gown with spaghetti straps, a red cardigan sweater, black and white striped socks, and black orthopedic shoes. He wore earrings, a bracelet, and 2 rings on hands with red painted fingernails. And he carried a cute little red purse.

I was mortified! Kim took it all in stride. As the night wore on, we realized he was very weird but harmless. The people all around us got a kick out of it too. I was secretly plotting how to get a picture and thinking it would make an awesome blog post.

So here you go...

I had a great time and I want to thank Kim for driving all that way and spending the weekend with us. Let's do it again soon, minus the cuckoo!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Sounds like fun. The cuckoo added charm to the evening. You inspired me to turn on Little Big Town on my ipod. See you in May.

Heidi

kimberly sue said...

It was a hoot and your blog post captures it pretty well. You missed how he cheered "No way. Get out of here." in a manly voice when the radio announced about giving away tickets for John Michael Montgomery! Had a blast...miss you, the rooster and the little chicks already!

Kendra said...

You are too funny. Yep that's who I thought you were talking about! Great job at "snagging" a pic of him. HAHA! Liv thinks it's pretty cool you saw little Big Town, and we are going next time they are around!, It was great to meet you Kim!, glad you got a little culture while you were here :)

macymoo22 said...

Wow, that's really something. BTW, cute hair, Sue. It's cutie patootie! Glad you were still able to have fun despite the cuckoo.

macymoo22 said...

I forgot to mention -- I have heard that Zac Brown song before and I like it. Then lo-and-behold, there it is on my spring 2009 CD that you sent me. Thanks!