The girls just finished up with 8 weeks of ice skating lessons. This was Allie's second time taking basic skills lessons so I knew that she would enjoy it. But I wasn't so sure about Meredith. She does not like to be cold. Her first lesson was on a trial basis. She spent about 15 minutes of the half hour lesson on the ice and then complained of being too cold. She told me that she did like it and wanted to come back the next week so I officially signed her up. After 8 weeks, I'm so impressed with her progress. She stays out on the ice for the entire 30 minutes. She can skate forwards and backwards and follow the instructor's directions. And if you ask her, she'll tell you she can do a spin. And she can! She may end up flat on her belly or bottom but at least she tries!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Majernik's On Ice
The girls just finished up with 8 weeks of ice skating lessons. This was Allie's second time taking basic skills lessons so I knew that she would enjoy it. But I wasn't so sure about Meredith. She does not like to be cold. Her first lesson was on a trial basis. She spent about 15 minutes of the half hour lesson on the ice and then complained of being too cold. She told me that she did like it and wanted to come back the next week so I officially signed her up. After 8 weeks, I'm so impressed with her progress. She stays out on the ice for the entire 30 minutes. She can skate forwards and backwards and follow the instructor's directions. And if you ask her, she'll tell you she can do a spin. And she can! She may end up flat on her belly or bottom but at least she tries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun! I cannot believe they can go backwards! Wow that is impressive. I think that is so great that you got them on the ice that early. Yeah
Cross country skiing, ice skating, tobogganing (is that a word?) . . . what a bunch of outdoor enthusiasts!
I am always so inspired by your blogs to try and get my going again and keep it up to date. It's some of the little things I would never think to post that I find most fun. I never know what I am going to see on yours and love all the posts. But speaking of old cartoons, Tom and Jerry rock in our house.
Post a Comment