Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scooby Doo Up the Wazoo!

Jinkies! My kids are obsessed with Scooby Doo. Rup, rat's right. They can't get enough of those crime solving meddling kids and their nosey dog.


Zoinks! It all started innocently enough. We watch one cartoon channel in our house...Boomerang. Some of you may not be familiar with this channel but it's all classic cartoons from Hanna Barbera, like The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Huckleberry Hound, and Yogi Bear. For some reason, the kids really like those old cartoons and I like it because the channel does not show commercials.


Jeepers! I'm not exactly sure when the kids saw their first episode but they've been hooked since that day. "Scooby Doo, Where are You?" is on each night at 7:30 pm. These are the oldest episodes, from the early 70's. We watch it each night before they go to bed. And you know, it's kind of a fun family thing because Jason and I like it too.



Ruh Roh! Ris is razy! Then it got to the point where the kids ONLY wanted to watch episodes of Scooby Doo. So I put the DVR to work and now it's set to record all the episodes of the show. I have 23 episodes saved so far. Practically the first thing out of Meredith's mouth in the morning is "Can you turn on a recorded Scooby Doo?". I've figured out how to start it so it just keeps playing shows in the order they've been recorded. But Meredith would seriously sit there the entire day watching almost 700 minutes of TV (except for the episode with the demons, that one is too scary).



Relp! Luckily, to get them away from the tube, there are a ton of Scooby Doo books to read. We've found a bunch of them at Goodwill and our favorite consignment store. And it always works to bribe them with a Scooby snack or two!



Gee Wilikers! I wonder how long this obsession will last!? It's already affecting Meredith's speech..."Rey Rom, Ri'm rirsty". Good thing I speak Scooby!

4 comments:

kimberly sue said...

save me some of them scooby snacks for my visit in two weeks!!!

Charity said...

Tee Hee that cracks me up because I can totally relate. We also watch Scooby doo every night. My kids are also obsessed. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved that show. :)

Amy said...

You sure have got that Scooby-speak down. I think you should write your own episode!