Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rag Quilt

I made another quilt this week, although I don't think you can technically call it a quilt since there is no quilting involved. It was very, very easy to do and I found the instructions here.


I bought a "Quilts with Style" do-it-yourself kit from JoAnn's (with my 40% off coupon of course). I really liked the fabric colors and it's challenging to pick the right amount of coordinating fabrics so I figured a kit would make it easier the first time around. For the inside layer, I used cream colored flannel and for the back, I used cream, light brown, and dark brown flannel. The most tedious part was the cutting of all the blocks and the snipping of the fringe once the quilt was assembled.



But I think it turned out so cute and it's very warm and comfy. I've seen some of these made up as baby blankets on Etsy. I think I'll make one up the next time I need a baby gift.


3 comments:

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

So, what's next?!!

You've been whipping out finished projects lately.

The quilt looks great. I do love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Really, what is next?!?! I'm expecting to see something every week now you know!

Another fab job Sue!

macymoo22 said...

You are one talented, hot mom!