Sunday, February 22, 2009

Do You Remember Fashion Plates?

I do!
I have fond memories of playing with these as a young girl. Unfortunately, I no longer have my original set.
Because I could not justify spending $50 to $100 to replace my beloved childhood toy (yes, that's how much they can go for on eBay), my kids have been able to use the set from 1978 that belonged to Jason's sister.


I also have a set that must be from the early '80s. I found it at a garage sale for $2.00.

Deefers was bored this afternoon so we got the fashion plates out and started designing.
Can you guess who did which drawing? I hope so!

P.S. If anybody out there is holding on to an original set of the pink fashion plates from 1978 or the blue plates called "More Fashion Plates" please let me know. The set I have is incomplete (and if Jason's sister is reading this, she'll probably want them back).

4 comments:

kimberly sue said...

Shorty's got my original set. Actually, I'm thinking that the girls played with them when we were all out there last year for Christmas or whenever it was you come to see me out there. Loved them!! Can't believe they go for that much on ebay!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those bring back some fond memories!!!!

Charity said...

Wow Sue you are pretty creative very good. I can't believe they go for that much either.

Amy said...

Ahh, yes, I love fashion plates! My mom still has our set at her house and the kids and I play with it sometimes when we visit. It is the same one as the top picture! How cool. I'll have to tell her that it is worth some $$!