Since my sewing machine is out, cluttering up the kitchen table, I decided to make another project. I got the idea here. I really like this gal's blog. Although I don't know her one bit...she seems like someone I would be friends with. She has two daughters, a cat, likes to knit, and sew...read more here. So I thought I'd give her twirly skirt pattern a try. This was harder for me than I thought it would be. Either I didn't cut the fabric pieces correctly or I miscalculated Meredith's measurements but when it came time to try on the almost finished skirt, something was way off. Luckily, thanks to the skills I learned while making American Girl doll clothes, I knew how to fix it. I'll only be making one of these, since (sadly) Allie doesn't wear skirts anymore.


2 comments:
I wondered whose blog that was. I checked it out a few wks ago. Just figured it was a friend of yours with MAD photography skills.
This skirt is Super Cute! Just add it to the list of things that my girls want me to make. "Can't you make things for us like Aunt Sue?"
Post a Comment