My first impulse was to head straight to the computer and look on eBay for what she needed. And while I found a cute swimsuit at a decent price, I was not able to find a pair of PJ's that I felt was worth paying the $10-20. So then I thought, I've got a sewing machine, I was in 4-H, and I took Home Economics in High School...why can't I make my own AG doll clothes. So off to JoAnn Fabrics I went.
I found a pattern, an adorable cupcake print fleece fabric, and was assured by the sales lady that this was a very easy project. And the best part, my bill was only $5.20. That afternoon I sat down to read the pattern and it looked as if it was printed in a foreign language. There were words like FACING, BASTE, CASING, and GATHER. I began to panic!
So I called in an expert. Our Grandma Fay has been sewing AG doll clothes for years, outfitting all her granddaughter's dolls many times over. She was willing to come over and walk me through the process, step by step. And what a process it was. It took us 3 and a half hours to get the majority of the project done. And after she left, I had a few more finishing touches to complete. It was a difficult and "putzy" job but the look on Allie's face, when I showed her Mia's new jammies, was well worth it.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness that is sooo cute! I absolutely love those pjs. So do you think you are going to make anymore?
Allie,
How lucky you are to have a mother that does all those great things for you. The pj's are so cute. What do you think that Mia will need next? Grandma Ruth
well done mommy!!! they are very cute and Allie will always remember that you made them for Mia. Just about a month until I get to see you!!!
You are such a Martha Stewart. Allie and Meredith are so lucky to have such a talented Mummy. So, what's next on the sewing machine to-do list?
You're Super-Mom!!!
Post a Comment