Today is Allie's 8th birthday. It is also her cousin Amelia's 4th birthday.
This year's theme was "flip-flops" and Mary Jean made us another fabulous cake. Now I don't usually share my cake, I mean the kid's cakes, with just anyone, but this year I thought I'd be generous. Besides, what business do I have eating an entire cake by myself. The cake was so good. I mean really good...so good that everyone wanted a second piece. Jason said he could see my heart sink every time someone asked for more. But don't worry, I cut the pieces real thin and saved myself some for later.

We went to our favorite restaurant, El Mezcal, for supper. Allie got to wear the birthday sombrero, our favorite waitress brought her a Mexican orange soda, and she got her own fried ice cream.
Whew! I'm glad birthdays only come around once a year.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have one last piece of cake to eat!
Now if you'll excuse me, I have one last piece of cake to eat!


6 comments:
I love the pics of Allie with the sombrero and her fried ice cream! Really cute. Looks like a fun day.
AWESOME pics! I cannot believe we have 8 yr olds already!!! What a fun day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY! YOUR CAKE sure looks yUmmIe!!!!! *Terri*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY! YOUR CAKE sure looks yUmmIe!!!!! *Terri*
Happy happy birthday to one of my favorite girls - Allie!
Happy Bday to Allie! She looks so cute in those pics, I love them and miss you all.
Post a Comment