Friday, June 18, 2010

Scenes from Tennis Lessons

I know some of you would rather see "Scenes from Sue's Class Reunion" but they aren't really appropriate for this type of family blog so instead, I will be sharing pictures of the girls at tennis lessons this week.

This week was Meredith's first time taking tennis lessons. Her class was an hour long. She learned the names of all the lines on the court, how to properly hold her racket (or is it racquet?), and how to hit a forehand, backhand, and volley shot. (Shannon, correct me if any of this terminology is wrong.)

The young man in the blue shorts is a saint. He was both Meredith and Allie's coach this week.

Allie has taken tennis lessons before so this year she moved up to the three hour class. I did not stick around to watch much of her lessons as it was three hours of 50% less kids for me to deal with so I took advantage of it!

Here's Allie in action.

They both want to continue with lessons and there are weekly sessions practically all summer long. I plan to sign them up again in July. My goal is to someday have a tennis partner here in Wausau so I can play more than once a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see some pictures of you out there slappn some balls around!! *TE*TE*

macymoo22 said...

I think either spelling of racket is appropriate. Maybe racquet is the more formal (British??) spelling. Otherwise all your terms are correct! Looks like they are enjoying tennis. :)