Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Hens Have Flown the Coop

The Hens arrived at 11:30 pm on Thursday night. We stayed up till 3 am talking. Allie and Meredith were up by 6 am. So that first night was a short one. It's a wonder we were able to get up and get going on Friday morning.
Our first stop was The Mint Cafe for lunch. We also did a little shopping in downtown Wausau. That night, it was "Girls Only" as Jason was away on a fishing trip. We celebrated Kim's new degree with a cake and by singing "Happy PhD to You"!



We had appointments at the State College of Beauty Culture (where Kendra goes to school) for pedicures on Saturday morning.




After our pedis and lunch at El Mezcal, it was time for some serious shopping. Being that the other three are all living in or near big cities, I was a little concerned about where to take them. It's funny how the everyday stores that you shop at in your own town are exciting to others. We went to Shopko, Gander Mountain, and Fleet Farm...and we all walked out of each store with something.
Next stop was Briqs for ice cream.


After our snack, we were re-energized so we headed to the mall and spent 2 hours at Younkers. Again, we each walked out with a bag or two. Back home, Jason (a.k.a. Jorge the Cabana Boy) was waiting to grill out and serve us cocktails.
After another late night of girl talk, we headed up to the Northwoods on Sunday morning. There was a craft show up in Eagle River so we had to check that out. We ate lunch at a neat place called Soda Pop's. We did a little more shopping and then headed to Minocqua. We were able to browse through more neat shops and look at some antiques before it was time to head home. That night, Jason was again waiting for us with dinner on the table.


The next day, the little girls came home so we took the Hens up to Rib Mountain.

I'm sure glad that Allie and Meredith were home when the Hens left. I would have been so sad to watch them drive away without having the girls here to keep me busy the rest of the day. We had a wonderful time. I hope it was relaxing and fun for the Hens because that was my goal. We have yet to finalized our destination for next year, but where ever we go, I'm already counting the days!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you all just a bunch of Cutie-Patooties! Looks like you had a great weekend (and good weather, based on the clothes you're wearing). Glad to hear you all had fun!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Okay, now I'm officially jealous. That looks like too much fun. What fun!

What a nice cabana boy! "Stefan" needs to go to Cabana Boy School and provide me with "cabana services";)

Sue, loved the outfits you were wearing, you're such a hot mama.

Charity said...

I am soo glad you had so much fun! It was really great seeing everyone even if it was only a few seconds :) I must agree with Kim, Sue your outfits are absolutely Outstanding!! Love them. All you girlies looked awesome. Makes me want to go buy new clothes. Next year I think you should go to North Carolina :) I think I am. Maybe we could find a coke museum to hit:)

Anonymous said...

If that was fun, you girls were definitely havin' it!

I'm so happy you have such wonderful friends & share such a great connection.

How fantastic that you have this special bond.

I really enjoyed your photos & can't wait to see next year's!

P.S. I agree with all of the "hot mama" & awesome outfit comments. :D

jenny

Kendra said...

I'm glad you had such a great time, we did too!
Thanks for the references!