Earlier I mentioned that my favorite store for Christmas shopping is Fleet Farm.
http://www.fleetfarm.com/ In mid-October they open "Toyland" in the center of the store. Those of us, myself included, who normally poo-poo Fleet Farm, rush to see what they've got on the shelves this year. I am always astounded by the amount of toys and games they have and most of the time the prices are better than other stores. I've done 75% of my Christmas toy shopping there already.
Other than the yearly trip to "Toyland", Fleet Farm is of no use to me. On the other hand, Jason goes there on a weekly basis. They have an enormous amount of hunting and fishing supplies, men's clothes, tools, farm supplies, household stuff, candy, nuts, and oh yeah, cat food. I guess I do go there on occasion to buy Maty's food.
But recently, I've come to have a new appreciation for Fleet's (as Jason lovingly calls it). I have a few personal rules about buying clothes for my kids; no shirts with collars, no embroidered jeans, and NO SHOPPING AT FLEET FARM. Well, this fall I lost my senses and bought Allie a dress at Fleet's. It was so cute she even wore it for her Kindergarten school picture.

I don't have as many rules about buying clothes for myself. If I like it, I buy it. But it's just common sense to NEVER buy women's clothing at Fleet Farm...until now. Since "Toyland" opened, I've literally been to Fleet's every day or two for the past couple of weeks. And one day, while walking past the women's clothing section, I noticed a new display...Carhartt for Women. http://www.carhartt.com/ Next thing you know I'm in the dressing room trying on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I've been searching high and low for a new pair of jeans and who'd-a-thunk-it, that I'd find a pair at Fleet Farm, and for $38 no less. Did I mention Fleet's has awesome prices?
FLEET FARM-it's not just the "Man's Mall" anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment