All this week, Allie has the honor of being the CLO for her kindergarten class. She gets to sit at a special place at her lunch table and after lunch is over, she helps clean up by sweeping and picking up garbage. I'm told they love this job!
I decided I had to see this for myself. So Meredith and I went to school today to eat lunch with the kindergarteners. Allie almost always takes cold lunch. Once a month, when chicken nuggets is on the menu, she eats hot lunch. But every other day she takes the same thing; 3 peanut butter cracker sandwiches, a pudding or a yogurt, and a juice box. When I packed her lunch today, I threw in an extra PB&J, pudding, and juice box for Meredith. I decided to take the hot lunch. It costs adults $2.80 to eat hot lunch at Allie's school. On the menu today was: penne pasta with meat sauce, garlic toast, corn, applesauce, and milk. And since I haven't done this for quite a few years, a friendly 5 year old was willing to help me get through the line.
We had a lovely time. The meal was edible, the pasta dish was actually pretty good. I chatted with the little girl sitting to my left. She did most of the chatting, I just listened. Allie cleaned up after all of her classmates. And now that I see how well she handles a broom and dust pan, I think I'll put her to work here at home.
1 comment:
Just when I figure out how to say your last name right, you go and name your blog (very creatively I might add) in a way that uses your name the wrong way....oh sue boo!! Can't wait to see you next month!
Post a Comment