On our third, and last full day at sea, the ship was docked at the private Disney island called Castaway Cay.
Just imagine...all the comfort, convenience, and service you've gotten used to on board the ship has now followed you onto a tropical island paradise!

Just imagine...all the comfort, convenience, and service you've gotten used to on board the ship has now followed you onto a tropical island paradise!

...while Grandpa, Jason, and I headed out to the same area of the reef to snorkel.

We saw a lot of pretty fish (just think "Finding Nemo") including a school of baby jellyfish. And yes, we all got stung and lived to tell about it.

I have to admit, I was a little freaked out by the stingrays. But I'm glad we all had the chance to experience it (or not).
Grandma, Grandpa, and Meredith headed back to the ship in the mid-afternoon. Meanwhile, Allie and I had fun floating in the ocean while Jason worked on his tan. On our way back to board the ship we came across the most unlikely island inhabitant...a cat!



3 comments:
Stung by Jellyfish???!!! You didn't mention that. You're braver than I thought, Sue.
Castaway Cay sounds like such a fun place. Probably hard to leave at the end of the day.
Questions:
Both Allie and Meredith: What was your favorite part of the whole trip? What was your least favorite?
Sue: What did you not do this time that you would do next? How did you not have a panic attack with swimming with the Sting Rays after what happened to the Crocodile Hunter (Steve Irwin)?
Ok I finally found some peace and quiet! Wow! looks like all of you had such a super time. Jackson loves Meredith's tattoo! thanks for sharing your trip pictures. Miss you tons!!!!!!!!!
Stacy
Question: Did you get to actually touch the stingrays? And, if so, can you describe what they felt like?
Post a Comment