Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Best Weekend...EVER!

Where do I begin?

A couple of months ago, I asked my Clarion Hen friend, Kim, if she'd like to meet me in Minneapolis to see The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, at her Mall of America book signing.

The answer was "yes". So we invited ourselves to stay with our Minneapolis Hen friend, Heidi, for the weekend.

A weekend trip to the Twin Cities soon turned into a four day excursion after I suggested we throw a little wedding dress shopping into the plans.

We had a lot on the agenda...buy a wedding dress, catch a movie, shop, eat, talk, sleep, and meet a celebrity blogger.

Luckily, the theme of the trip was "Git 'er Done"!

After several hours of dress shopping, Kim walked out of the dressing room, I let out a huge gasp, and we knew she'd found the one.

Spoiler Alert!

Mike...if you're reading this, the dress looks a lot like this...


We ate, shopped, talked, and slept. Then came Saturday, the day of the big Pioneer Woman cookbook signing. It was scheduled to begin at 1 pm. So...duh...we got there at 1 pm. Only to find out that people had started lining up at 7 am. The line was unbelievably long and sadly, we realized it would be a huge waste of time to stand in line all day.



Two seconds after Heidi snapped this picture to chronicle our irritation, a security guard asked us why people were lining up to have some dude sign their book. What, huh, oh my God, it was her husband, Marlboro Man, signing autographs too!


After we saw him, I felt a bit better. If we couldn't talk to her, he was just as good. So we headed through the mall to grab some lunch and see the new movie, The Blind Side, which was a very good movie indeed.

After the show, we walked back through the mall, right past the area where, 12 hours ago, all those crazy fans had lined up for a chance to meet some rancher's wife from Oklahoma. And low and behold, would you believe it, but she was still there signing books and it was now 7 pm!?

So we got in line. There were 5 people in front of us and we were the very last 2 people to have our books signed by The Pioneer Woman that day!


Like I said...the BEST WEEKEND EVER!

4 comments:

Charity said...

That sounds so fun! I am so glad you were able to meet the Pioneer woman. You sure did "Git 'er done" I so want to see that movie too man there are so many movies out right now that I want to see. Fun Fun Fun!!!

kimberly sue said...

It was a great weekend! Thanks for a finding a picture that looks nothing like the dress so we can keep the future hubby in the dark.

macymoo22 said...

Second best weekend ever ... since the ones you have with me are the BEST! :)

Sue said...

Obviously Kim doesn't want the rest of my readers to believe she'd actually wear a wedding dress that looks like a curtain!