Friday, July 17, 2009

A Mid-Summer Update

Where has the time gone? I've realized that a lot of fun stuff has happened this summer that I've failed to blog about so I'm going to do a little re-cap of our summer thus far.

MAY

Back before the bigger kids got out of school, one of our preschool friends invited us up north to her cabin for the day. We had a fun day sitting in the sun and watching the kids play in the lake.

Here are the kiddos...Ruby, Jackson, and Meredith.

And here are the moms...Carrie (Ruby's mom), me, and Stacy (Jackson's mom).


JUNE

In June, the girls and I headed down to Iowa to visit Grandma Ruth and celebrate Allie's birthday with a cake made by Mary Jean.


We had a great time going to the park, the pool,


Kim's house, Snack Village (the local burger joint), Pizza Ranch (the local pizza place), and various places in between. The best part about my hometown is that you can walk almost anywhere.

Each day we walked to the pool. But to get there, we had to walk through the Tornado Park. The park is really called the Aquatic Center Park but because of the huge spiral "tornado" slide, most locals call it the Tornado Park. The kids loved that slide as did I when I was a child. It still looks the same, red peeling paint and all.

Another fun part of our trip was our ride aboard the Union Pacific Railroad's Operation Lifesaver Excursion Train. It was completely by chance that our close family friend (and my dad's best buddy), Willie, stopped over for a visit on the morning of the train ride. He mentioned how he'd been given two tickets (it was an invitation only trip) but that his wife didn't really want to go. I stepped right up and said I'd be happy to go as long as we could bring the kids. So that afternoon, the four of us took an hour long train ride through the farm fields of Iowa and got a lesson in railroad safety all at the same time.


JULY

Last weekend, my friend Shannon came to Wausau for our annual visit. We did the usual...shopping, eating, watching movies, rollerblading, and playing tennis. I only wish she were closer...but then again, if she were I'd probably never see the kids and my credit card would be maxed out!


Why does time fly when you are having so much fun?

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What a busy fun-filled summer so far! I can't believe how fast the time flies either. Time for me to do a summer re-cap as well :)

Charity said...

So fun! I absolutely love summer time.

macymoo22 said...

Had a great time! Can't wait for our visit together next summer. :)