Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Empty Bowl

On Saturday, the girls and I attended a local charity event called Wausau Area Empty Bowls.
"Come together with your friends and neighbors to end hunger in our neighborhood! Pick out a handmade bowl, enjoy a meal of soup, bread, beverage and dessert and leave with your bowl — now empty — as a reminder of all the bowls that need filling in our neighborhood and community… and that you’ve done something to help fill them! All proceeds will benefit the food pantry at The Neighbors’ Place."
Besides wanting to help those less fortunate, we were on a mission to find the bowl that Allie had made during one of her classes at the Center for Visual Arts. There were hundreds of bowls to choose from, all made by local artists, students, and residents of the Wausau area. I had no idea what her bowl looked like but I was amazed when we finally found it...it's beautiful!

4 comments:

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

It is really beautiful!! Now, you just need her to make three more and you'll have a set.

kimberly sue said...

Wow that is beautiful! That was quite the art class she took; they made some really cool stuff!

Charity said...

What a great thing. I too love the bowl.

Anonymous said...

I think you have a future artist on your hands. You'll have to sign up Deefers in a year or two.