Friday, July 25, 2008

Scenes From Swimming Lessons


This is Allie's third summer taking swimming lessons through our Parks & Recreation Department. She gets more and more comfortable in the water every day. Today was the last day of lessons for the summer and she passed all her tests to complete Level 1 of the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program.




I did not originally sign Meredith up for lessons this year. I was planning to start her next summer, when she would be 4 years old. But seeing Allie go to lessons everyday made her want to join in the fun too. So halfway through the three week session, I signed her up. She was instantly comfortable with the instructor, doing everything that she asked her to do.




3 comments:

kimberly sue said...

oh boy do I remember the swimming lesson days!! how I loved getting out of walking beans for a couple hours to go to town and swim! except for the fact that many, many morning it was freezing cold!!

Anonymous said...

Have no fear Meredith! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I recognize Allie's swim goggles! Glad she's having a blast and able to use them.