Thursday, July 31, 2008

Move Over Venus and Serena...

...here comes Allie!



Tennis is my favorite sport and I'm not too shabby at it either. As long as I can do it my way. I once took lessons after I graduated from college and I actually played worse after I'd learned the correct techniques.

I remember getting my first tennis racket at the thrift store. I spent hours and hours hitting the ball against the big garage doors at the DOT garage where my Dad worked.

Allie has been taking tennis lessons all week. I'm hoping that if she learns the correct way to play tennis from the start, maybe in a few years I'll have a tennis partner.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Way to go Allie! What a little sport's star this summer. I have never played tennis, but want to, maybe you can teach Aunt Kendra!

kimberly sue said...

Those pigtails are so cute! Oh the days of hitting the ball to YOURSELF...I remember hitting again the garage and the bunker silo for hours on end.

Anonymous said...

Just wait Sue! Allie will be taking you on before you know it!

Anonymous said...

If she plays anything like her mom, she'll be great!