Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snow Striders

I signed Allie up to take cross-country skiing lessons with the Wausau Nordic Ski Club. http://www.wausaunordic.com/ She had her first lesson today and will have three more lessons this month, all for $10. The Snow Strider classes are for children in 4th grade and under. There were quite a few in the 5-6 year old group. If you were under 6, you needed to be accompanied by a parent. My neighbor and her son went along with us.

I could not believe how well Allie did. No whining, no crying, just skiing. I have no idea how far we went but we were out there for an hour and a half. At one point she fell down and said she was too tired to ski anymore. But when I tried to take her skis off and walk her back to the chalet, she said 'no, I want to keep going'. It was really fun and next week I promise to bring my camera.

This Tuesday is my turn for lessons. The same ski club gives free lessons to adults on Tuesday evenings in January. I took the lessons last year with a group of friends and we are going to do it again this year. I'm NOT going to promise to bring my camera to the adult lessons.

1 comment:

Charity said...

How great is that?! What a great age to start lessons too. Well I am thinking I might need to bring my camera:)