I've not been keeping up my New Year's Resolution very well, have I?
Here's a two part Spring Update to prove we haven't just been sitting around twiddling our thumbs!
It's been over 18 months now and Jason is still keeping up his fitness regimen. He's run in several 5K races, has been biking up to 50 miles now that the weather is nice, and is even working on his swimming technique in hopes of doing the Wausau Triathlon this summer. In April, he ran in his first half-marathon (that's 13 miles). This was his biggest accomplishment thus far so the girls and I were there to cheer him on to the finish line.
Here's a two part Spring Update to prove we haven't just been sitting around twiddling our thumbs!
It's been over 18 months now and Jason is still keeping up his fitness regimen. He's run in several 5K races, has been biking up to 50 miles now that the weather is nice, and is even working on his swimming technique in hopes of doing the Wausau Triathlon this summer. In April, he ran in his first half-marathon (that's 13 miles). This was his biggest accomplishment thus far so the girls and I were there to cheer him on to the finish line.

We have another runner in the family. Allie competed in her first track meet this spring. She ran in the 60 meter dash and the 1600 meter (that's one mile!) run. She finished 4th in her heat in the sprint race (see picture below, she is in the green jacket) But I think she may be more suited for distance running as she kept up her pace the whole time and even finished ahead of some really good 5th grade runners!
While half the family was running, I was preparing for the Royal Wedding and my Royal Garage Sale!
My neighbor, Jenny, wanted to have a garage sale and I had some stuff to sell. So when we chose the date of April 29th and I realized that was the same day as the big wedding, I knew we had to do something special.
I got up early that morning to watch the wedding. It was beautiful and I still cannot get enough of it. I recorded the big event and hauled a TV down to Jenny's garage so we could replay the wedding ALL DAY LONG!
In honor of the happy couple, we dressed up as royal wedding guests.
Jason's grandma Wilma had lots of fancy hats and jewelry that our kids now play dress up with at Grandma Sharon's house so I raided her collection and came up with some "fascinators" to rival any British fashionista.
My excitement inspired my two preschool teaching co-workers, Mrs. Zielinski and Mrs. C., to don a hat for the day!

1 comment:
Loving your new pic of your Majer cat. That was my favorite one of her!
Post a Comment