Meredith and I celebrated our birthdays on December 29th and 30th. Grandma Ruth was here to help us celebrate. Of course, the infamous birthday cake had already arrived from Clarion, via the help of Kimmy Sue. And no, we really didn't eat the tail off of the fish but it was suggested a couple of times.

Meredith was in 7th heaven when she opened the gift she'd been patiently waiting for, a pink Nintendo DS. That night we met the rest of the Majernik's out for pizza, games, and cake at Sam's Pizza Palace.
The next day, I awoke to find the gift I'd been patiently waiting for, an iPod touch, from Jason and the kids. Now if you catch us all at the right time, you will find me playing with my new gadget, the girls playing with their DS's, and Jason with the computer in his lap. It's pathetic, really.
I was treated to breakfast at the Mint Cafe by my dear friend Charity. Mom gave me the most useful gift of all, cold hard cash, and with it I bought myself this...

And thanks to all my wonderful friends; Colleen, Diane, Fay, Heidi, Kim, LeAnn, Lisa, Nancy, Shannon, and Terri; for the calls, emails, texts, and gifts. You made my day!
The celebrations weren't over just yet. We gave Meredith a real birthday party on Saturday. There were 8 girls in all, a mixture of family, friends, neighbors, and preschool classmates.




2 comments:
you are sounding a bit happier about the birthday now than you were when I talked to you. guess you finally decided to get out from under the covers and face the big 2-9!
Looks like you girls had lots of fun! Glad to hear that everyone got just what they had been hoping for...
Post a Comment