We were in the car the other day, having a conversation about the schools in the area. Allie goes to Stettin Elementary. Her cousin Olivia goes to Thomas Jefferson because she lives in a different part of town. But after they finish fifth grade, they will both go to John Muir Middle School and then on to West High.
The topic then turned to college. I told her not to worry about which college she would choose, it's pretty far off in the future yet. That's when Meredith piped up and said, "I don't want to go to college". I told her that a person doesn't have to go to college but that's where you get to learn about how to do your job, like being a pharmacist or a laboratory technologist. She said, "I'm not going to have a job. I'm going to be a plain ol' mom like you!"
Should I take that as a compliment?
P.S. Tonight at dinner Meredith said "When I grow up I'm going to change my name to Mom".
The topic then turned to college. I told her not to worry about which college she would choose, it's pretty far off in the future yet. That's when Meredith piped up and said, "I don't want to go to college". I told her that a person doesn't have to go to college but that's where you get to learn about how to do your job, like being a pharmacist or a laboratory technologist. She said, "I'm not going to have a job. I'm going to be a plain ol' mom like you!"
Should I take that as a compliment?
P.S. Tonight at dinner Meredith said "When I grow up I'm going to change my name to Mom".
4 comments:
Ha Ha That is the best and you must take that as a huge compliments!
That is so precious!! Guess she doesn't notice the days you go to work! Maybe you'll have to tell her college is where you go to meet the man that helps you be a mom!
That's a HUGE compliment Sue!
I think you're a plain ol' HOT mom.
From the man you met in college
Post a Comment