Allie's class went on a field trip to Aspirus Wausau Hospital this week and I got to go along. We spent an hour at the hospital. For the first half hour, a nurse explained to the kids about what might happen if they had to stay in the hospital. She had the kids act out some scenarios, like riding in a wheel chair, getting an x-ray, and getting an IV. She also listened very patiently as all 20 kids told her a story about the time that Mom, or Grandpa, or Little Brother was in the hospital for whatever reason. The second half hour was spent walking through the hospital. I think the best part of it all, for the kids, was the elevator ride.
Allie wrote about the field trip in Writer's Workshop and this about sums it up!



2 comments:
At least she only saw sick PEPOL, and not dead ones! (remember: i see dead people)
Did they get to take their teddy bears for the teddy bear clinic?
I would be willing to bet that those cute kiddos made the sick Pepoll feel better.
Post a Comment