Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cat Shows and Cafes

Uncle Todd, Aunt Kendra, and I took the 4 cousins to the Central Wisconsin Cat Club's Annual Spring Show in Wausau today (Jason had to work). We walked around and saw lots of unusual breeds of cats.

The breeders were very happy to show us their cats, let us pet them, and tell us lots of information about them.

There was one cat in particular that caught my eye. It was hard not to notice him, he was HUGE. He was about the size of a small tiger. He looked kind of like this...


In fact, I think this a picture of his father. The owner/breeder lives near Madison, Wisconsin. This breed is called a Maine Coon and they are known as the "gentle giant" among domesticated cats. They are friendly, loyal, good with kids and other pets, and very smart. Sounds great! So how much does a cat like this cost a fella? Not for showing or breeding or anything, just for keeping as a house cat...$600!

I asked Jason if I could buy a $600 cat. He said "no"!

After the cat show, we all went downtown to my favorite restaurant, The Mint Cafe.


See the stools?

That's Allie and Livie,

Me and Deefers,


And Uncle Todd, Millsie, and Aunt Kendra.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Wow what a fun eventful day! I must admit that cat is beautiful. $600 though not that cute. :)

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Just tell Jason that its either a $600 cat or another child. If he's anything like Steve, he'd offer to buy 4 $600 cats.