Meredith and I have started a new weekly tradition...eating breakfast at The Mint Cafe in downtown Wausau. The Mint Cafe has always been a favorite of mine, for eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's your traditional small "Mom & Pop" diner-style joint. It has about 5-6 booths, 8-10 tables for two, and two counters with spinning stools.Meredith and I have been going there once a week for the past 4 weeks or so. I always get the scrambled egg, cheese, and bacon croissant with hashbrowns. Meredith gets the grilled cinnamon bread with a chocolate milk. And we always clean our plates!!
For lunch or dinner, I usually get the chicken gyro. They have a great kids menu, with burgers and fries, chicken strips, etc. And you can't forget the homemade milk shakes. It is a meal in itself.
A lot of 'regulars' eat at the Mint. In fact, last week when we went in for breakfast, we invited some other moms and 2 year olds from Meredith's school to join us. There weren't enough seats for us all to sit next to each other. But the waitress asked one couple if they would move to another booth so our group of 8 could sit in back to back booths. It was okay, she told us, because they were 'regulars' and wouldn't mind.
Today, I heard the waitresses telling certain people, who I can only assume to be 'regulars', "Merry Christmas, your breakfast is on the owners". I wonder how long it will take Meredith and me to become 'regulars'. We're not there yet, we still paid our regular bill of $10.18. Maybe next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment